Hatoyama is a Japanese surname and place name.
- Hatoyama , a town located in Hiki District, Saitama, Japan
- Kazuo Hatoyama , Vice-Foreign Minister, speaker of the House of Representatives of the Diet of Japan from 1896-1897, University of Tokyo professor, former principal of Waseda University , father of Ichirō Hatoyama, and great-grandfather of Yukio Hatoyama and Kunio Hatoyama.
- Haruko Hatoyama, Japanese educator, co-founder of what is today Kyoritsu Women's University, mother of Ichirō Hatoyama, and great-grandmother of Yukio Hatoyama and Kunio Hatoyama.
- Ichirō Hatoyama , Secretary of the Cabinet, Minister of Education and 52nd, 53rd and 54th Prime Minister of Japan.
- Kaoru Hatoyama: schoolmaster of Kyoritsu Women's University; wife of Ichirō, mother of Iichirō
- Iichirō Hatoyama , former Foreign Minister of Japan in 1976-1977, eldest son of Ichirō Hatoyama and father of Yukio Hatoyama and Kunio Hatayama.
- Yasuko Hatoyama , wife of Iichirō, mother of Kazuko, Yukio and Kunio
- Yukio Hatoyama, Prime Minister-designate of Japan, leader of the Democratic Party of Japan, grandson of Ichirō Hatoyama, son of Iichirō Hatoyama and older brother of Kunio.
- Kunio Hatoyama, Japanese politician, former Minister of Internal Affairs and Communications, " title="Liberal Democratic Party ">Liberal Democratic Party), former Minister of Education, Labour, and Justice, grandson of Ichiro Hatoyama, son of Iichirō Hatoyama and younger brother of Yukio.